Youth Ministries :: The Gathering
The Gathering* Youth Ministries
The Gathering* is the youth program of SunRise United Methodist Church is designed to meet the spiritual needs of youth grades 6-12. What is the best way for youth to get involved? What can I expect?
CLICK HERE FOR THE YOUTH CALENDAR!!!!!
Click HERE for the latest E-News.
Click HERE for the 2014-2015 Gathering* Registration form.
ATTENTION PARENTS! Would you like to prepare the youth meal on a Sunday evening?
Click HERE to sign up for a specific date!
• Middle School Learning - 9:15 am, Room 110
• High School Learning - 9:15 am, Room 111
• FUEL (Youth Choir) - 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm on the first Sunday of the month and the Sunday prior to serving in worship.
(see Youth calendar), Room 215
• Youth Dinner and The Gathering* - Invite, Worship, and Mission Opportunities!
BE SURE TO CHECK THE CALENDAR FOR CHANGES IN THE GATHERING* SCHEDULE!!
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Dinner is served on Worship Sundays - $3 per person - East lobby, Café, and Sanctuary
At the Gathering*, we offer 6th-12th grade students the opportunity to gather with other youth in a safe and friendly atmosphere. During the school year we get together every Sunday evening where we eat great food, explore our faith in a relevant yet edgy, youth-led worship and end with time to hang out and talk with new friends over great desserts.
DURING THE WEEK:
- 6th/7th Grade Girls: 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Room 111 - Contact Catherine Merseal: email@example.com
- 8th Grade Girls: 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Room 202 - Contact Julie Gawedzlnski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School Boys: 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Room 203 - Contact Andy Newman: email@example.com
- 9th/10th Grade Girls: 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Room 212 - Contact Linda Wadkowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9th/10th Grade Boys: 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Room 114 - Contact Mike Smith: Darthmike518@yahoo.com
- 11th/12th Grade Small Group - 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Biernbaum's Home - Contact Steve Biernbaum: email@example.com
• Spring Spiritual Retreat – Mark your calendar for April 17 - 19, 2015!
• Confirmation – for 8th grade and older – September through February.
REGISTRATION MEETING ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 AT 1:00 pm.
* Summer Mission Trip - Mark your calendar for June 8-12, 2015! This year we will travel to serve in Tulsa, OK.
• Youth Kick-Off – August. Lots of fun and information for both youth and their families
about the upcoming year for The Gathering*.
Hot Summer Nights – During the summer we continue to meet weekly on Sunday evenings for a variety of events – anything from Lock Ins, Yuck Olympics, and BBQs to Outdoor worship!
Any questions or for more information, please contact:
Troy Merseal, Youth Ministry Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesli Jackson, Youth Ministry Coordinator: email@example.com